Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rhetts Birth Story

*FYI: Long story

Thursday March 4th at 3:00 a.m. Ally woke me up because she wasn't feeling very well (not the best timing). I went into her room with her & sat next to her bed. I started feeling small contractions, but they were every three minutes. I watched the clock for an hour & a half and they were still consistent. I called my midwife around 5:30 a.m. & she said I might be in labor & to come to the hospital when I was ready. I felt fine so we took our sweet time & took Ally over to my moms & ended up at the hospital around 7:00. My midwife checked me & I was a 4+ & 70% effaced. My bag of waters were bulging (her words not mine ha ha) So she said "I think you are having a baby today" My contractions at that point still were not bad at all, so Joey & I decided to go walk around down town instead of walking in the hospital. My contractions started coming faster, not necessarily stronger though. They were 1 to 2 minutes apart so we headed back. She checked me & I was a definite 5. She gave me the options of breaking my water at that point (she was surprised it didn't break on its own) I decided to let her do it. It was around 12:30 p.m. when that took place. I did quite a bit more walking & sat on the birthing ball! Everything was going so great! I was handling the contractions so well. Diane (midwife) wanted to check me again. I thought I hadn't dilated more because the pain was not bad at all but when she checked me I was almost an 8!!!! AN 8!! I was shocked. So I got into the tub & hung out in there for a while & when I got out I was a 9+. Almost fully dilated! Within 15 minutes I was pushing. He came out in with only 3 contractions. It went so fast!! They placed him right on my chest & he was so alert & gorgeous. I instantly fell in love with my little man! Oh by the way I have to give myself a tap on the back... I did it all NATURAL.. I shocked myself, I did not think I was capable of doing it! I did hypnobirthing & It was amazing. I had the best coaches Joey, Jen, my mom & midwife Diane. It was such an incredible experience. I am so blessed to have my little family! Rhett is an amazing addition & I cant wait for Ally to be able to hold him when she gets feeling better! Here are a few pics. I will post more very soon!











11 comments:

Erica said...

GOOD JOB TIFF!!! I knew you could do it! Natural birth is so amazing! :D I am proud of you with going threw with it! It isn't nearly as bad as people think and say! He is so beautiful! When I come out in May I really want to get together with everyone. 3 of us have had babies since last time!

judy wardle said...

Congradulations! You guys make the most gorgeous kids! I cant wait to meet him. Good Job!

Anonymous said...

how in the world do you do it natural?

jake.shalise said...

NATURAL? Tiff you are seriously AMAZING I think any woman that goes natural is sooooo amazing!! He's just perfect I love all his dark hair!! Just adorable!!

CaraDee said...

Way to go Tiff! You are awesome.

He is so beautiful, you just made me want another baby (and I DO NOT WANT ANOTHER BABY!).

Congratulations!

Sarah K said...

Tiffany he is beautiful! I am so proud of you for doing it natural! I have been hearing lots about this hypno birthing stuff! Congrats, he is gorgeous, as expected!

Kateka said...

You make it seem like a walk in the park (or down town, I guess, ha, ha). I may have to get your midwife info etc (cuz like I said in the previous post, I am considering natural labor one of these days when I get pregnant).

Again, CONGRATULATIONS! You look absolutely amazing in the pictures. He is a handsome boy. Love all the dark hair. You have such a gorgeous family!

Emily said...

Congratulations!! He is perfect!! Kudos for you for going natural! He is just so precious!

Jeannie said...

He is beautiful!! Congratulations

Mrs.F said...

Wow I'm impressed... natural?! Did you do it natural with Ally too?

Congrats! I can't believe how much he looks like Joey!

Rachel H. said...

Wow!! You look SO awesome for having just had a baby in those photos! I'm SO jealous. You make it look easy and you did it naturally! I'm just amazed!