Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Havalee Hope

When I found out I was pregnant last June I also found out my aunt Torie & cousin Stephanie were as well. My aunt Torie and I were only a day apart & Steph was 3 weeks behind us. We were all so very excited for one another. Stephanie, however found out early on in her pregnancy that her baby girl had some problems. We prayed for her & hoped that the Dr's. were wrong, Stephanie was strong through the whole thing. She prepared herself for the worst but prayed for the best. In that time they decided that they were going to name her Havalee Hope (have a little hope). It was about 2 weeks ago that Stephanie went back into the Dr. & they found out that little Havalee's heart was enlarged and took up most of her chest cavity. Stephanie was so upset, but still stayed positive. Last Tuesday we had received a call that little Havealee hope did not make it & Steph was going in to deliver her that night. This has been such a roller coaster for Steph and her family as well as all of us. Havalee was born 1 pound 7 ounces & was so beautiful. She was born into heaven & Stephanie was able to hold her own angel in her hands. I didn't get to hold her or see her, but that little angel made a imprint on my heart. I was honored to have been asked to sing at the funeral services. The song could have not been more perfect, Steph chose "my heart will go on". Being pregnant myself & getting up there in front of all of the loved ones was definitely difficult, but in a way very humbling experience & I felt very privileged to honor Havalee in a way.
I am so very grateful that I have been able to carry my little guy without any complications. I am very blessed that he is going to be healthy. This experience with this little Havalee made me not want to take my pregnancies for granted. Life is so precious & I am blessed to have Ally & my little guy come into my life. I hope that everyone else is thankful as well. Stephanie wanted that baby girl so badly, Havalee was so lucky to have been able to have her as a Mother. I don't know if Stephanie even has seen my blog but if she does, Steph I love you so much & I am so sorry for what you have gone through. I loved the saying that says " people usually dream about angels, but you have held one in your hands." I love you with all of my heart!

3 comments:

The Shurtleffs said...

This really touches my heart. It's such a difficult thing to deal with. It's so hard for others (who have not miscarried) to understand what it truly feels like to lose such a precious gift so suddenly.

I hope your cousin and your whole family cope well with this loss. Your post sounds so upbeat, and I'm sure they are surrounded by love and support. What a sweet tribute.

Kateka said...

That is so sad. I admire you all for being so strong through out this. I can't imagine how hard this must be.

Also, I admire for being able to sing at the funeral! I am sure you will do amazing. I would bawl my eyes out so bad.

Emily said...

I am so sorry. My little girl was also stillborn, it will be three years this April, if she ever wants to talk to someone who has been there, let me know. As much as people try, other people just dont get it. Love to all of you.

Emily